Friday, October 19, 2007

Temptation

I was just reading Christopher's blog post Feeling Flabulous. Seems Mr Chris has put on a few pounds this week, partly due to his work rolling out the goodies.

Well, I have pretty much stayed on the path of righteousness and rectitude this week, and I'm hanging off from weighing myself until the week is out, but I feel like I've dropped some. (Sorry Christopher) I've cut out pasta and 90% of the bread I would normally eat, which are two of my biggest weaknesses. Been eating a lot more fruit and having things like grilled fish and salad for dinner. (I choose not to reflect on the fried food and beer fest of Wednesday night, but one blowout per week ain't too bad.)

Like Christopher though, my work is evil. (I've blogged about this before, the sneaking suspicion that The Christians I work for are secretly trying to fatten me up for sacrifice or something.) So far this week, my manager and workmates have sought to tempt me with the following:
  • Chocolate mousse
  • A farewell buffet of Pear & Ricotta Tart and Coconut & Caramel Tart
  • A lunchtime MacDonalds run
  • A lunchtime Red Rooster run
  • 'Family' sized blocks of chocolate

Oy.

7 comments:

Fran Carleton said...

I only allow myself one weigh-in every four to six weeks when I go to the doctor (long term BP issue). At other times I use my blue work trousers as a gage on how much weight I have lost/gained.

And bringing McDonald’s into the office is EVIL!

The Other Andrew said...

Actually, working directly across the road from a fast food outlet is EVIL. But I remain strong. Virtue is on my side.

Cecilia said...

It sounds like you are being very virtuous indeed. Good for you! I, on the other hand... Maybe now that it's getting warmer, I can finally force myself past the you-deserve-it cake and the it'll-make-up-for-the-intense-day burger!

Thombeau said...

The best response to your co-worker's offers is "GET THEE BEHIND ME, SATAN!"

The Other Andrew said...

Except they're so literal, they'd go looking for him. And frankly, I find nothing more annoying than villagers with torches and pitchforks. Bane of my life.

Ur-spo said...

oy indeed
lay off the starch and you will do well!

Christopher said...

Breads, pastas, and small bite-sized cakes are my weaknesses...and so are Gay, Romaninan Gymnasts...but I digress.

Congrats on the inner strength and all that nonsense...Betch!

...kiss-kiss...