There's a period when the seasons are changing that I have trouble sleeping. At the moment we are having mostly clear and quite hot days, but then overnight the lack of cloud cover means that the temperature drops quite a bit and it gets quite cool.
Cue what I like to call The Trans-Seasonal Doona* Dance.
- Start evening with just a sheet as cover, doona artfully arranged at the foot of the bed on 'if required' stand-by.
- 2am(ish) - wake up chilly and pull up doona.
- 2.30am(ish) - wake up face down and twisted around, a bit warm, stick one arm and both feet outside of doona.
- 3.15am(ish) - Gasping and perspiring, angrily cast the verchacte doona aside entirely, artfull arangement be damned.
- 3.30am to 6.30am - repeat steps 2 through 4
- 6.30am - at alarm briefly consider the options of calling in dead, or going to work as undead.
("Doona" = duvet = continental quilt in Aussie parlance.