Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Waiting

More specifically, it's 11ish and I'm waiting for the muse to whisper in my ear still.

It's Tuesday. It's grey, overcast and cool. Work is kind of dull and yet frustrating at the same time. I'm on my second cup of coffee and my shoes are kicked off. Nothing's wrong, it's all just a bit meh today, you know? No real highs or lows, just coasting.

Oh, by way of a follow up to this post about books I can tell you how much I'm loving "American Gods". Two thirds of the way into it so far and not wanting it to end. I might tackle "Anansi Boys" next, especially after the props given it by Michael.

::drums fingers::

That killed a few seconds. So just which one of the muses is the muse of bloggers? No, I'd like to know. I mean, if Olivia was the muse of rollerskating and leg warmers then surely there's one for blogging?...

10 comments:

Mikey (TLE) said...

Andrew Towle??? He's cute enough to be my muse for almost anything...

Ur-spo said...

I happen to know that the Muses are on holiday, visiting the Fates.
They'll be back next Tuesday.

Mz. B.Trousers said...

Oo! OoOo!
Mr Gaiman!
American Gods was the same for me - "this is too good, it can't end, how can he end it!?!?"
Anansi Boys is also very good. As are the short stories - Smoke and Mirrors.
H got me a copy of Fragile Things (ironically - the title just fits our situation perfectly at the moment...) and I'm about to tackle it, but not just yet. Smoke and Mirrors did my head in last time I was tender.
Yay for good writers!

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

oh just borrow Livvy, you know you want to ;-)

Michael said...

Considering how I love most everything else he's written, I didn't enjoy "Smoke and Mirrors" much at all. Am I not a short story fan or were they very different from his usual stuff? Not sure.

If you find the muse, send his fairy ass my way once you're through with him.

The Other Andrew said...

Hah! Mr Mike, I nearly gave you back some tough love about your blog recently. Oh yes I did. Almost.

Michael said...

Not unlike my genitalia, it's become dusty from disuse.

The Other Andrew said...

Sorry, was that "misuse" or "disuse"?... :)

Michael said...

Mmmm, dusty from misuse. Quite. I suppose dusty is an inevitable consequence when one resorts to diddling the geriatric.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

Smoke and Mirrors was the book of short stories I didn't like very much either, Michael.