Saturday, July 15, 2006

What Can I Get For This Semi-Functioning And Sometimes Reclacitrant Stapler?

The news story of the blogger who swapped a paper clip for a house has really fired up my imagination. I mean, I have all sorts of office stationery lying around this house... I'm sitting on a freakin' goldmine!

It's a pretty cool story. I like the ingenuity of it, and the fact that he wasn't out to scam anyone. With each barter he tried to make sure that the person he was trading with genuinely wanted whatever he had to trade. I like it because it says a lot about how good natured people can be, that they took on board what he was trying to do and decided to help him out. Oh sure, the publicity did none of these people any harm, but that was part of what he was trading them in return. I think it's pretty cool.

His blog has the full story and details each trade. Now, where did I put that stapler?...

2 comments:

Ur-spo said...

perhaps you can start a 'chain'; giving something to autograph to another blogger, who signs it, passes it on, until it is covered with autographs/been around the world - and back to you!

Matt A said...

If it's a Red Swingline Stapler, forget it - it already has a life of it's own...