Monday, July 10, 2006

Weekend Recap

Time to dust off the old tradition of the Monday morning weekend recap, to shake off the mothballs and see if it still fits over my hips without straining.

Friday night was a night out with the Sydney Photobloggers, dinner at "Super Bowl" in Chinatown and then a stroll for gelati.

Mob Scene
The Sydney Photobloggers mob outside Gelatissimo in Chinatown, click the pic to go to Flickr and see who's who.

The post-gelati plan was for a visit to a burlesque show, but Morgan and I were both a bit weary and wanted to have an early start to Saturday so that we could go bushwalking. I know, I know, I built up all that expectation about going to a burlesque show only to disappoint you. There were about a half dozen brave souls who continued on, to all accounts the show was lots of fun. Risque but not sleazy.

On Saturday Morgan and I went bushwalking in the National Park. It was a cool but clear day, and by the time we walked inland a bit and out of the cool coastal breeze it was warm and lovely. We did some of the coastal walk and saw a few water spouts in the distance, our second encounter with whales this migration season. We finished the day with really good pizza and settled in at my place for a night of DVDs with Bodhi and his daughter Ashley. I could not believe how much The Brothers Grimm sucked. Yikes.

Sunday morning Morgan and I took a stroll through Newtown to find suitably retro gear to wear for the retro bowling night the Sydney Photobloggers are having next weekend. The brief is 60's/70's but as it turns out my retro bowling shirt and 'letterman' jacket will put me more into the 50's than 60's. I guess I can always explain that I'm a late adopter... Having said that, I'm pleased with what I'll be wearing and I already owned most of it, which is a plus. Morgan picked up some really cool second-hand gear, and should look really good.

So here I am, Monday morning. I'm a bit pissy because all of my work mates have called in sick, not showed up, or emailed me to say they are working from home. It's just me here folks. Of course everyone has been saving up their queries all weekend, so the phone hasn't stopped. I'm working for a charity that deals with the frail aged, and sometimes the phone calls are hard work. Aaargh!

6 comments:

Ur-spo said...

hang in there; even if your work mates are absent; your blogger mates are thinking of you!

A Table For Two said...

hey, me and Pete went to newtown to look for retro gear too and I couldn't find anything that is "out" enough or fits me. So I went home empty handed, now i am struggling.....

hang on there, at least u have Sat to look forward to! ;)

dani said...

hope your walk was nice. i'm not sure if my $1000 bet could be considered won but a puff indicates a whale right?? and i've got absolutely no gear sorted out for saturday night....eeek now i'm worried.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

oooh! TOA, you were almost in my neck of the woods!

I don't know what their veggo options are, but I like to eat at La Disfida and Napoli in Bocca. I think there's a Napoli in Bocca along Leichardt way, too. come to think of it, I've had Napoli's Margherita pizza a few times, delicious.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

erm, both of those are in Haberfield as well, I forgot to mention...

Anonymous said...

I haven't ever been to La Disfida, but Basilico clse by is excellent. All of them looked extremely busy last Saturday.