Friday, July 14, 2006

It Was The Marinara What Done Him In

It seemed to be a Wednesday like any other. No, scratch that. A better Wednesday than most because I was able to cut out of work early and have a haircut in the late afternoon. Long and scraggly locks be gone. The way to a mo's heart? A good haircut. Can I get a "hell yeah!" from my sisters?

Anyhoo. Morgan and I went to the movies to see the very, very entertaining Tristram Shandy: A Cock And Bull Story. (Think a "Waiting For Guffman" or "Best In Show" style mock-umentary about the making of a historical drama. Very, very funny.) Afterwards we went to a local pasta place for a quick bite.

Do you see where this is going? Spaghetti with Marinara sauce. Later that evening, it was like I was in my own technicolour drama. Widescreen, and my seat was waaaay to close to the screen. There might have been wailing even, although the sort of wailing done with clenched jaw and clenched buttocks. Perhaps more of a keening... You would think I had changed religion from the amount of times oh God! passed my lips.

So I avoided having to be anywhere yesterday; work and The Internetz were all just too hard quite frankly. Today is much better. Whatever it was left my system, along with all my electrolytes and a couple of (hopefully) minor organs I think. Still, never mind. I'm sure they'll grow back.

5 comments:

Ur-spo said...

marinara and minor organs - all in the same entry.
You are quite talented in combinations!
I am sure the minor organs will grow back. Save the liver.

Miss Eudoxia said...

When will you learn???
...don't worry about the liver....it has amazing regenrative properties, and you can live happily knowingf that being dairy intolerant is actually a normal state and those that can tolerate lots of it are odd (well that's what the physiology texts say)

dani said...

vintage!

Michael Guy said...

"I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight!"

Sorry. Can't take credit for that line. You NEED to see The Devil Wears Prada my friend.

But more importantly, did this episode get you into a couture size two?

:: SNAPS for the haircut :: Pics?

The Other Andrew said...

I left work early yesterday (Friday) and caught up on some sleep in the late afternoon - exactly what I needed. A little Duvet Time. Nice. Felt 100% improved afterwards.

MG, sadly no downsizing is apparent. Still have my winter coat it would seem. :)