Thursday, September 20, 2007

Pamela Dale

I'm totally entranced by the work of artist Pamela Dale, since I saw a profile of her and her work on last weekend's Sunday Arts show. I love her large scale works done solely in blue; hommages to draftsmanship, humour, blue & white porcelain and the natural world. Gorgeous. And some have cheeky Lemurs in them. What's not to love when there are cheeky Lemurs?




French Pheasant, 2003


Call Of The Wild, 2003



I fell in love with her collage works; assemblages of maps, champagne labels, shopping bags, chocolate wrappers and more, all sewn together with red thread into gorgeous representations of clothing and shoes. Sadly I couldn't find any decent pics of them, even on Pamela's own website, but here is a tiny promo pic of her alongside one of these works:



The baroque shoes made from the labels & foil wrappers from champagne bottles and French chocolate wrappers were particularly lush. Apparently she spends a some of her time at parties salvaging discarded champagne bottles. Recycling of the most fabulous kind.

7 comments:

Thombeau said...

I love it!

Mikey (TLE) said...

Simply gorgeous! I must acquire some or are they frighteningly expensive?

They kind of remind me of Speedy's lino cut work in their complex detail.

The Other Andrew said...

I think you'd be talking serious $$s, she exhibited internationally and being profiled on Sunday Arts has probably pushed her popularity up. Be interesting to find out. The works are big, up to 2m in some cases.

Mikey (TLE) said...

I looked. Some of the smaller collage/stictched pieces (30 by 35cm) were goign for $2500. Couldn't find any prices for the larger ones. Probably just as well...

Mz. B.Trousers said...

I miss those little pictures people used to make from choclate wrappers. My mum owned a few, in frames - one was a poodle...

Pamela Dale said...

Hi Andrew, just to let you know I have a current exhibition on in Melbourne at Jenny Port Gallery level 1 7 Albert Street, Richmond. 03 9429 6006. www.jennyportgallery.com.au
April 1-May 2 2009.
Please check it out.
Thanks for the love by the way.
Cheers, Pamela Dale

MND said...

Que devient PAMELA DALE, et sur quoi travaille t elle en 2023 ?