Monday, June 09, 2008

Flirting

One thing about enforced sobriety (due to the new meds I'm taking for my insomnia) is that it makes flirting a little bit tougher. Oh sure I can flirt without if I really try and the mood is right, but I can also be quite shy at times, and shyness is the natural enemy of flirting. (Whereas one or two drinks are the natural enemy of shyness, if you see my point.)

On Saturday night I went to a lovely dinner for Stu's 40th birthday, and rather pleasantly was the object of a considerable amount flirtation. From a couple of guys. At one point one of the guys stroked my beard "to see how soft it was". Verdict = soft. At another point a different guy kissed me on top of the head (which sounds kind of ick, but in context was rather sweet).

As the night wore on, and more alcohol was imbibed, the flirting increased. Can you call it flirting when someone grabs you by the balls?

11 comments:

Ur-spo said...

in certain parts of the USA, grabbing another man's nipples and tweaking them seems to be the new handshake.

Michael said...

Cupping is third base. So say Manny and Esteban.

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

I call it flirting with danger ;-)

K-A said...

I call it pain... and invasion of personal space. Yes, I'm old fashioned.

Anonymous said...

It's "ALL SYSTEMS GO" in my book.

ilduce said...

It's definitely beyond touring the house and a few decisions short of making a down payment.....

The Other Andrew said...

Yeah, the cock and balls grab was a little bit ott. Kind of amusing, in a slightly shocking way. Now if I'd had a couple of drinks...

bernard said...

it was one of those sort of nights; the str8 girls where cupping each others breasts...

yes, it gets a bit easier to flirt after a couple of gins, however, it is always interesting (when not cringesome) to hear the evening related by one who remained sober throughout.

Di said...

Damn! How did I miss seeing that groping??

Comes from the sitting at the other end of the table, I suppose.

It's not your fault you are so damn cute.

Cheers

Di

The Other Andrew said...

Ha! Witnesses in the house!

(Di, Daryl went for a couple of gropes if you were wondering who.)

Michael Guy said...

"grabbing of the balls" equal picking out wedding china in my book. Just saying.