Friday, January 14, 2005

I Must Have Missed The Sign That Said Caution Dip Ahead

I've avoided posting much in the way of personal commentary this week, and mostly stuck to posting odd links I've found and pictures I've taken. To be frank, things have been pretty shitty this week and I haven't felt much like talking about it.

I'm not sure that I want this blog to be an exercise in baring any of the dark corners of my soul; I don't much like reading those kinds of blogs, I don't spend much time not feeling good about things anyway and I don't feel that I would particularly gain anything by posting those kinds of entries. Carthasis maybe, but I'm more of a 'retreat and lick my wounds' kind of guy.

So, to cut a long story short I had a bit of a 'crash and burn' emotionally this week. Nothing too dramatic, but I've been struggling with the typical insomnia I get during summer, feelings of panic and paranoia about my jobless state, and a complete lack of motivation to do much of anything about it. No I don't think I'm depressed; maybe small 'd', but not the big clinical 'D'.

So, I know that it may seem contradictory to be talking about not talking about something (huh?), but the point of this is that I'm feeling much brighter. I did some job applications this morning and have rung around some recruiters I spoke with a little while back. I can now look myself in the mirror and say that I'm doing something other than sitting in my underwear reading blogs. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

This afternoon I'm off to do some volunteer cleaning at the Buddhist Centre I attend and this Saturday I'm manning a stall for the same centre at Tumbalong Park, Darling Harbour. I worked on the same stall at the Newtown Festival in November, and had such a great time that instead of being on the stall for two hours I stayed on for six! If anyone from the Sydney area is around Darling Harbour between 12 and 3 on Saturday, stop and say 'Hi' won't you.

No comments: