Sunday, February 08, 2009

The Weekend That Was.

Aiyah, what a weekend! Sweet baby Jebus it was hot, with the unmistakable smell of bushfires on the wind. Much of Oz was alight in the weekend's heatwave, so let's spare a thought for the dozens and dozens of people who perished trying to save their homes in the past 48hours. So sad.

It was so hot that I spent much of it indoors, shuttered and sequestered in the cool, dark, airconditioned confines of my home. Communing with my new sewing machine, deciphering its mysteries and declaiming its accomplishments. I started the weekend with a $20 fabric remnant of black and blue check and by Sunday afternoon I had a kilt. Miraculous!

Maybe wearing a garment frequently worn sans underwear to an underwear party appeals to my sense of irony, but I did just that this afternoon. Manacle, the leather bar that was scene of the New Year's Day underwear party debauchery, is now holding monthly Sunday underwear parties. Huzzah. This time though he Sex Police were in force to make sure that nothing too debauched happened (outside of the men's room that is!).

So, having had a demi-debauched time, minced home courtesy of boots that looked good but rubbed my heels raw, hung up the kilt, watched a bit of teev and sobered up (somewhat), now it's time for bed. Good night, I hope your weekend was a good one!

4 comments:

Ur-spo said...

and stay cool!

Michael said...

If ever a post SCREAMED for an accompanying photo, it's this. Let's see you in that kilt, bubbela.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Michael, however, knowing how you look: imagining kilt & boots. Let's just say: WOOF!!

The Other Andrew said...

Thanks for the encouragement boys! I might wear it to the GLBT Mardi Gras Fair Day this weekend, and I'll try and get a photo then!