Monday, May 02, 2005

Weekend Haikus

In lieu of a boring old recap of the events of the past hectic weekend, here's a few weekend recap haikus to bring your enthusiasm for this blog crashing down around your ankles.

Saturday Haikus:

"Volunteering at the Buddhist Centre Bookshop"
Oh, big stack of books
You taunt me and my price tags,
pen, and aching hand!

"As Out Of Place As A Sober Vegetarian At A Barbecue"
Karen's barbecue
I played with her dogs all night
and loved the deaf one

Mmm, fried halloumi
I soberly ate my cheese
Whilst carnivores drank

Sunday Haikus:

"Renate's Party in the Mountains"
Sunday morning drive
With Benita and Dayna
To the Blue Mountains

Scones with jam and cream
In a cafe on the way
Taste like my Gran made

Celebrate today
Renate was East German
Now ist ein Aussie!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ikea is the Anti-Christ
Soul destroying catalogs
Numb my sense of taste.

Bodhi :-)
Sydney, Australia