- Mostly naked and slimed up rugby boys from The Sydney Convicts!
- Discovering that the 'jelly' was described not so much as jelly but as an organic compound (I'm guessing it's agar or some sort of industrial gelatin). Judging by the contestants' reactions it was not exactly nom nom.
- At the end of the night it has to be melted into liquid form and disposed of. I daren't ask how, but they did serve jelly shots...
- Answering the call for a $5 dollar donation, only to discover that the $5 had be rolled into a tube by me and inserted into the back of one of the jelly wrestler's swimming trunks. As it turns out it was in preparation for a game called "Jelly ATM" where, and this is where it gets complicated, each wrestler makes a 'withdrawal' from the other's trunks.
- The friendly crowd at Manacle. Seriously, a leather bar may not be everyone's cup of tea but I've found it to be one of the few bars in Sydney where it's easy to chat to people.
[Are you more of a 'visual' person? Unsure what a couple of boys rolling around in jelly (jell-o) looks like? Then click here for some moderately NSFW pics.]