Sunday, July 26, 2009

5 Things About The Week That Was

  • Home computron still hasn't gone in for repairs yet. Working 2 jobs for 6 days a week has meant that I haven't had a chance to get into the Apple store yet. They had better really be geniuses when I get there, let me tell you.
  • I am really enjoying working 2 days a week at the yarn store... sore feet, nutty customers and all. Yes the pay is crapola, but I've been genuinely having fun working retail again and the occasional nut adds a bit of spice to the day (and throws all the lovely customers into sharp relief). Nobody has challenged my y-chromosome based knitting authority yet, in fact I've so far made some nannas twinkle with delight, pushed the Courthouse Hotel pub knitting Sundays to some right-on sistas, and even got to serve (I wish) a truly, truly hot male knitter. Yes I have his phone number (for stock holding purposes) and no, I won't abuse the privilege. Sadly.
  • Speaking of knitting, I've been wearing my new scarf almost constantly since I cast-off on Thursday night. Loving. It. I made this! Common sense prevailed, after a brief internal battle I decided not to wear it to bed.
  • Hung-over today. I went to a party with young James O'Brien last night, and as the party was only 2 streets away from my favourite leather bar Manacle, of course we ended up there about 1am. Oy. (Yes the above mentioned scarf was on and looked lovely, even if 'art fag' isn't my usual Manacle look.)
  • Of course, as you would expect my next destination is a pub, but this time for Sunday knitting. If only I could entice Hot Male Customer to join us?... and suddenly we're back at knitting, boys and booze. Such is the week that was.

4 comments:

Kris said...

Yay! I'm glad you're enjoying it. I've heard great things about you from both the staff and customers. :)

Tom said...

Bonjourno... gradually catching up with some blogs! :)

Yes the apple geniuses are indeed geniuses. But seeing as they're also mostly quite hot, they are in demand and you need to make an appointment... http://concierge.apple.com/store/R238

Ur-spo said...

I would think being a man in a traditional woman's shoppe is a challenge. I know the other way around sure is !

The Other Andrew said...

Kris, that's nice! I think I have at least one fan customer so far, she's been back to see me three times.

Tom, thanks for the tip! So, given the hotness factor, I might wait until after I've had a haircut/mani-pedi.

Ur-spo, not a challenge... but it makes me exotic. :)