Thursday, May 21, 2009

Positivity

How do you write about friendship, love, kindness and good coming from bad without resorting to cliches? Trying to box up small gestures and big kindnesses in words. In truth this has been an awful week, but it has also been kind of great too. I've been on the receiving end of so much positive energy and (that word again) kindness this week, the polar opposite of the complete disregard that was aimed my way on Monday.

I've had space and time to think, and although I'm concerned for the immediate future I also feel burbles of nervous excitement. It's been a wake-up call and a kick in the pants, and a reminder that jobs that somehow manage to be both stressful and dull can sap you of something precious. Your energy, and through that your self.

9 comments:

Emily said...

Good on you, Andrew. I'm sure you're right that this trouser-aimed kick can be used for something positive, and that it's a good opportunity to be able to notice the lovely people around you who think YOU'RE lovely!

(They're right)

mrpeenee said...

Eeks. I turn my back for ONE MINUTE (ok, four days) and all kinds of drama. The last I heard you were discussing the pants on Greek dancing boys and now this. O dear. I'm so sorry and am very busy sending evil karma rays at your former employers, whoever they are.

I just was talking to some guys who run an online outsourcing business called odesk.com. You might check with them.

Michael said...

....that jobs that somehow manage to be both stressful and dull can sap you of something precious.So I imagine after 18 years of that I bereft of things precious.

Here's hoping something FAB comes of this for you.

Mel said...

As Peter said when he was leaving us yesterday, it's an opportunity for you. I'm sure you'll do something wonderful with it.

Thombeau said...

Honey, you wouldn't be so loved if you weren't so loving!

XOXOXOX

Christopher said...

Sorry for the recent events my friend...may your luck turn around really soon...and it will, believe that!

Ur-spo said...

well, cliches are cliches because they hold truth and they are easy to use !

I am glad for your approach.

jason said...

Well, I'm still sending you good energy down there.

I hope it's working at least a bit.

I wonder if it flows counterclockwise in the Southern Hemisphere?
hmmm

LaDivaCucina said...

Now you're talkin'!!! keep goin' and keep sewin'!!! mwah!