Friday, December 31, 2004

Talkin' 'Bout A Resolution, Yeah, You Know

Partly inspired by the character Michael Tolliver's list of resolutions for the New Year 1977, in Armistead Maupin's More Tails Of The City, here ladies and gentlemen I give you my:

New Year's Resolutions for 2005
  • I will lose weight, get fit, 6 pack abs... blah, blah, blah.
  • I will not think I can do this by sitting on my ass and watching tv aerobics.
  • I will reconcile myself to the fact that Jude Law has obviously lost my number.
  • I will disprove the theory that you cannot have all three of the following: 1. Hot job, 2. Hot apartment, 3. Hot boyfriend. Or die trying.
  • I will only take up 2, maybe 3 or 4, new hobbies in 2005. Oh, and will limit my unfinished projects to... oh, say... less than a thousand.
  • I will be less shallow... but will still have, like, really cute hair.
  • I will no longer live by the motto It's not cruel if it's funny and be kinder.
  • I will tell people that I love them. (I should probably restrict this to people I know though, especially since that guy on the train reacted so badly...)
  • I will accept that some people believe there is more to life than The Amazing Race. (I know, shocking.)
  • I will stop addressing Mormon missionaries, in their cute little white shirts and ties, as "Honey".
  • I will blog more, funnier, more insightfuly and will actually chuck in a link every now and then.
  • No comments: