Friday, August 28, 2009

Early Summer

I'm getting to play hooky from work today! I'm still working the 2 part-time jobs (yarn pusher and office temp), but the office temp job has dried up this week and will be back on next week. I picked up a bit of extra work in the yarn store earlier in the week, so as a trade off things aren't too bad.

The biggest upside is that today is absolutely gorgeous! God Bless global warming, because we are having a CO2 based early summer at the end of winter that has to be felt to be amazed at. Glorious! So far this morning I've had a sleep in, breakfast and coffee in the sun, and then this afternoon I'm having coffee with a friend and seeing a movie with another, before going to The Flinders Hotel tonight for beers with the bears. Seriously, if it suddenly turns to the depths of winter again there will be misery of epic proportions because I am already in Summer Mode!

All I have to do is shake off the winter fat... and pasty white legs.

2 comments:

Emily said...

you that helped my friend and knew what Or Nue embroidery was? Just wondered! http://changelingthings.wordpress.com/2009/08/29/experiments-link-to-salihans-giveaway/

The Other Andrew said...

YES! That was me! :) I knew that would be an important life skill to have... one day. A very nice woman she was too.