Friday, April 15, 2005

Stop The War!

I just bit the bullet and rang the marine construction company to tell them I had accepted the job offer with the share plan advisors and would have to turn down their offer. (See my previous entry) I felt really bad because those guys were so good to me while I was temping with them, and literally offered to have me back and invent a position for me. I really needed to resolve this whole bidding war issue though before I went on retreat this weekend, waaaaay to distracting! It didn't feel right to leave them hanging for an answer either.

I think I have made the right decision though, in terms of career possibilities, income and working environment I think this current job will be hard to beat. Today we are off to lunch to celebrate my joining the firm, and I can say I am now in 100%.

How times change. Just 4 months ago I left my old job after months of wanting to leave and not having the courage to just pack it in. I was feeling under appreciated and certainly under paid, and a bit beaten down by the whole experience. So things are on the upswing. I'm not ego-ing out on the whole bidding war thing, but it has given the portion of my self-esteem which relates to work a boost. It's nice to be appreciated.

No comments: