Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Daunted, Thy Name Art Andrew

Last night I attended the information night for the second module of the two year Discovering Buddhism course I've started.

In amongst the notes and reading material lists etc that I collected last night was a topics and requirements list for the rest of the two year course. I was reading it with interest, thinking to myself 'dum dee dum, this looks interesting, la la la' when I got to the outline of last couple of modules...

Um, do the words three month retreat and 100,000 prostrations sound as daunting to you as they do to me? Oh cool, just checking.

So far just doing the first module and a one day retreat has been quite transformative, so I'm hoping that by the time I get to those two last modules I'm quite a different person. Because I can tell that where I am now, three months of retreat sounds hellishly hard.

No comments: