Sunday, February 21, 2010

Next Thing You Know It'll Be House Keys In The Refrigerator

And walking the streets with a fried egg on my head, having just eaten my hat.

My entire house smells like burnt coffee, with a hint of rubber. I put the stove top coffee maker on a short while ago, somewhat distractedly, apparently without any actual water in it. I passed it a few times thinking huh, that's taking a while to gurgle.

Well, aside from the melted rubber washer the thing is okay. No house fire. No billowing smoke.

I guess it's time for a walk to the nearest cafe for a coffee. Safer too.

4 comments:

worldpeace and a speedboat said...

let me know how the fried egg look goes, m'kay? ;-)

Anonymous said...

You're not implying you're beggining to get "Oldtimers Disease" are you??? ;-)

Siobhan said...

We had an old aluminium stove top espresso that I leant to my flatmate once. After forgetting that she put it on, she proceeded to have a shower...so it turns out that you can melt aluminium on an electric stove. Who knew?

LaDivaCucina said...

Hi Andrew, I see the Chinese Autobots have found your blog too! Did you go to Mardi Gras? I was just in town for a wedding. LOVE your frangipani photos! x