Thursday, October 18, 2012

5 Things About Thursday, 18th October 2012: Creature of Habit Edition

  • I decided today that it was time to revive a good habit I used to have, so since this morning I'm the proud possessor of a tiny, spiral bound, pocket notebook. Mainly it's for a list of books that sound interesting, and websites which have proved (or promised) to be. Should the occasional Grand Idea fall in there too then that would be a good thing. I had one of these that I carried around for years, and slowly filled with interesting author names and book titles I saw reviewed, or heard about, or even saw in a bookshop but had neither the will or lucre to buy at the time. Then whenever I went shopping I would whip it out and have pocket sized inspiration.
  • There is something so gratifying about low tech stationery. Ring bindings. Pages that are feint ruled (and preferably faint ruled, also). Pencil sharpeners. Compasses. Stuff.
  • I bought my usual 10 trip bus pass during my lunchtime wanderings today, and the guy in the ticket booth has developed a new party trick. As soon as he sees me coming he proudly produces my regular pass with a flourish and a ta! da! smile. Kinda sweet, kinda friendly, kinda... akward, especially given that this is the same guy that once shamed me into wasting money on too many single tickets instead of a 10 trip pass.
  • However, for a brief second I've sometimes considered buying some other other odd, probably unusable ticket, just to show I'm not predictable.
  • I am not a person who should have nice things. For the second time in my life I have lost my mobile phone, and both times involving taxis and both times the phone has disappeared without a trace. Thankfully it was only a prepaid, but still this is a particularly crap habit to get into.

4 comments:

Ur-spo said...

I stop by regularly, hoping to see you posting. I was glad to see you did no/hear your updates. Please post again soon !

Anonymous said...

Hi Andrew, just saw you on TV watching Sunrise Channel 7, looking good :) cheers Q60sgirl

menchnme2 said...

Enjoyed 5 things about Thursday. I have 100's of little strips of paper, 3 leaf spiral notebooks, small spiral memo books, where I write EVERYTHNG. Sadly they are literally all over mu house, have O order and I never seem to look back at them. Maybe I will and see what I was thinking all these years. LOL Now I have an idea for My nest Blog! Thx so much! http://joyofunhappiness.blogspot.com I think that is the right address

Kezya Wulandari said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along.I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
Please don't forget to visit My Blog
Best Android
KitKat Launcher
Big Launcher
Anti Virus Apk
YouTube Downloader Pro Apk
MyniLyrics For Android
Thankyou ;)